Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Replicas, Replicas...

Recently, Steve Madden has been under a lot of heat for copying the shoe designs of important designers. A few weeks ago, I was browsing Mandee online. I saw a pretty purple dress that I was tempted to buy, but didn't at the moment since I didn't have an occasion to wear it.


Then recently, I was looking at the party pics on teen Vogue's website - and I found this photo of Anne Hathaway wearing a Marc Jacobs dress at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's 2009 Costume Institute Gala.


Déjà vu. To make sure I wasn't just imagining, I went back to the Mandee website since it had been a while, but there's no denying that it's a total ripoff of the Marc Jacobs dress.

How do you feel about companies reproducing cheaper versions of designer items? Would you buy it?

xoxo,
Laura



0 comments:

Post a Comment